This Way and That – an In-person Workshop – September 29th, 10am-5pm
This is an in-person course consisting of a one-hour ‘Get Ready!’ session to discuss colour, templates and what you need to prep, followed a month later by the workshop in my new East London venue. Sewing machines supplied.
Price: £180 per class
- Package – When booking onto all three classes, use discount code #pss3days for 10% off at checkout
- Early bird discount – 10%* off when booking before midnight Wednesday, May 10th. Discount already applied in the shop.
* makes your class £145.80/day when used together with the package deal discount code.
Friday, September 29th, 10am-5pm
In this techniques class we will be exploring the Twice-cut Drunkard’s Path technique. We’ll be using the Complete 14” Drunkard’s Path set in combination with the Complete and Oval set to create blocks with transparency and multiple curves in different directions (this way and that).
I will show you how to pick colours that enhance the transparency between the different curves. With the help of the two template sets, we cut and sew the arches, cut again and assemble into this exciting 14” block. The block looks great multiplied by four to create a 28” block for a cushion, mini quilt or bag panel or as the 56” or 84” quilt sizes included in your pattern.
The paper version of the templates used in class is included but, if you decide only the Acrylic templates will suffice, you’ll receive a 10% class discount* code upon booking the class. The Acrylic templates are highly recommended for ease and accuracy, especially if you are a stickler for precision.
The quilts in the gallery are by Maria @masch1956 and Alison @stitch.rest.repeat
PDF Paper templates for you to print
PDF This Way and That pattern (including the block pattern plus two quilt sizes)
The video recording of the ‘Get ready!’ session (downloadable)
Suitable for confident beginners to advanced sewists. A basic quilting knowledge (how to use a rotary cutter and ruler and to sew using an accurate seam allowance e.t.c.) is assumed but no previous curved-piecing skills are needed.
- Quality fine sewing thread (40 or 50 wt) in neutral, grey, or to match your project
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter
- Thread snippers or fabric scissors
- Long gridded ruler
- Fabric scissors or thread snips
- Pins (just a few)
- Seam ripper
- Access to a printer (for the paper templates) OR my Acrylic template ((see info for Templates in your welcome email)
- Glue stick (I use Prym Aqua Marker but Sewline Glue Pen is popular too)
- Hera marker (useful but not a must)
*10% Discount on the Complete, Oval and Complete 14” Drunkard’s Path Sets used in class plus the Long Oval and Multiple Drunkard’s Path Sets.
6 in stock